Mother Nature in so many ways is like the mirror that lets us see and feel our own soul. It helps us to connect deep within ourselves and wake up to remember who we are, and to restore and re-energize our own life source. Nature is filled with so many visual gifts and also many unseen rhythms that resonate within our bodies. Most of society is in so much of a rush to look around or slow down to even be aware of the gifts of nature. Our society has become so rushed, so scheduled and into the “keeping up with the Jones’ syndrome”. We have taken nature for granted. With that rapid pulse of lifestyle one loses their own grounding or connection with their own stillness of “just being.”
Take time to look around and observe your environment surrounding you. Absorb the stillness, listen, feel, smell and touch the beauty that is our world. We are all living at a speeding pace and we are speeding right by nature’s presence. Nature is healing, not only visually and rhythmically, but it helps our bodies to become grounded and also brings peace and simple happiness to our minds.
It grounds us to become aware of our true authentic sense of self, well-being and life around us that we can so easily take for granted. This quote by Henry David Thoreau sums it up: “Nature is doing her best each moment to make us well. Why nature is but another name for health.”
Embrace nature it will help you slow your mind down in our busy world and give you a natural release that ensures calmness.
Activities to do in nature:
- Dance in the rain.
- Walk barefoot in the grass or along the sandy beach.
- Notice the green grass, trees, and flowers that surround you.
- Feel the sun on your face and how it warms your whole body.
- Let the wind blow in your face even if it does mess up your hair.
- Lay on the grass or any soft surface so you can watch the clouds.
- Watch the birds, squirrels, and even little insects that we all rarely pay any attention.
- Have a picnic with a loved one or friend.
- Let the sunlight into your home or office.
Free nature is everywhere, surrounding us regardless of if you live in a city or a small town. Take the time to turn your awareness of nature’s measures for our souls. Just be and recognize nature.