Kim Truman comes from a soccer and professional dance background. She graduated with a major in Film Production and minor in Theatre/Dance. After many years working in the film industry and dancing on multiple tours, she decided to change her career path. It was a natural transition to become involved in the fitness industry and the High Performance Athletic Coaching arena. Kim has been highly involved in all areas of the fitness business and even cohosted one of the first national workout shows for television. She has an extensive background in coaching, where her clients range from professional athletes, to tri-athletes and endurance athletes, to collegiate sports teams, to the weekend warrior and neighborhood housewives. She is known for her enthusiastic and motivational coaching style as well as her high-energy workout programs. Her focus on outdoor training also sets her apart from other fitness experts.
Along with personal training, she loves teaching group exercise; she holds multiple certifications and has trained for, presented at, and consulted with many of the industry’s top experts and companies. With her experience, she is able to create intense, creative, and fun workout programs, whether it is for a one-on-one client or a group class format. She also specializes in nutrition, individual program design, and life coaching. Kim focuses on nutritional programming to help her clients understand the importance of changing from the inside out for optimal health and athletic performance.
Kim is dedicated to working, inspiring, and educating her clients to create a lifestyle foundation that is achieved at all levels – physically, nutritionally, emotionally, and spiritually. Kim firmly believes that each and every person has the potential and ability to discover, explore, and embrace his or her personal greatness. She is fervent about her work with her clients in helping them discover the tools to facilitate positive lifestyle changes.
After living in the Los Angeles area for many years, Kim now resides in her home state of Dallas, Texas.
- Voted Best Female Trainer in Dallas, TX by Peoples Choice for 2011-2012
- Designer and project manager for installation of both home gyms for personal clients and professional studios
- Writer for fitness training manuals
- Creator of group class and fitness formats
- Traveling nutritional and lifestyle coach – available on request
- Host of industry seminars and certification events
- Writer of professional fitness promotional materials
- Event coordinator for special fitness industry events and conduit to other business industries
- Networking coordinator for the entertainment and fitness industries
- Special event stage production and set up
- 2011 Lululemon Ambassador
- AFFA Group Ex
- Advanced Metabolic Type
- Paul Chek PPS Practitioner
- Paul Chek HLC II
- Cooper Group Exercise and Bio Mechanics
- Cooper Personal Training
- Trekking Certified
- Reebok Core Training
- Power Pilates – Mat and Reformer Equip.
- Resist A Ball
- Waterart Fundamentals
- Tai Chi & QiGong
- Training for Endurance Athlete Sports – Chris Maund
- Barry’s Bootcamp Extreme
Wellness and Life Coaching Certifications
- Peak Life Coaching – Peak Performance Certification
- PPS Coaching
- Paul Chek Scientific Back Training 2009
- Paul Chek Scientific Core Conditioning 2009
- Paul Chek Program Design 2009
- Paul Chek How to Eat, Move and Be Healthy