Purple Protein Shake
Ready in 10 minutes
Makes one serving
Helps boost health and immunity
¼ cup frozen blueberries
¼ cup frozen mango pieces
¼ cup frozen cherries
½ cup sugar-free and fat-free vanilla yogurt
1 tsp honey
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
1 tsp flaxseed oil
Directions for making your healthy shake:
1. Place first 5 ingredients in a blend and process until texture smooth.
2. Add protein powder and 1 to 2 tablespoons of water if needed to thin out consistency.
3. Add flaxseed oil and blend on low to gently combine.
The benefits for your immune system:
1. Blueberries – loaded with disease destroying antioxidants and anti inflammatory agents
2. Mangos – boosts your immunity, contains vitamins A, C and E, helps lower cholesterol.
3. Cherries – anti-inflammatory, packed with antioxidants that fight free radicals in the body, studies have shown they may help prevent cancer and heart disease as well as slow the aging process.
4. Honey – contains anti-viral compounds
5. Whey protein – helps prevent disease by increasing productions of glutathione, which is the essential fuel of your immune system